Re: [Harp-L] Shelby Lynne Great Harp Solo

Here is another view (probably non-harp player/musician view) of that track:

from: http://www.amazon.com/I-Am-Shelby-Lynne/dp/B00002MHRD
61 of 70 people found the following review helpful:

Let Shelby be Shelby, April 11, 2000
Reviewer: Suzanne (Langhorne, PA) - See all my reviews
I have never been a fan of country music, thus I had never heard of Shelby Lynne. If it weren't for public radio I would never had been introduced to this talented, singer-songwriter. I bought the CD expecting to hear something different and I was far from disappointed. Many of her older fans feel betrayed by her alteration, they should be happy she decided to break free of the factory sounding country that Faith, Trisha, and Shania can give them in spades. This is not the best CD I own, I do wish she had a backing band, instead she and her producer did all of the instruments and vocals.

Bill Bottrell also tried too many production tricks, at times the vocals were drowned out and the harmonica solo on track 5 could have been left out.

But the lyrics are wonderfully emotive and she really shows a talent for songwriting
Some of the stronger tracks are "Gotta Get Back" sans harmonica solo,

"Life Is Bad," and "Where I'm From." I found, as did other reviewers, that the more I listened to "I Am, " the more I HAD to listen to it. Shelby is playing in my town tonight and I hope to catch this unique artist and see what she can do with a genuine backing band.

Michael Peloquin
http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg
http://www.harpsax.com

From: "Ken Ficara" <kenficara@xxxxxxxxx>

Bill Bottrell is a very well-known California producer who, among other
things, was a founder of the Tuesday Night Music Club that launched Crow.
http://www.billbottrell.com/

The harp solo is simple and tasty country-style playing, although he chokes
both of the bends he tries. Sounds like Van Morrison on INTO THE MUSIC.

Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces friends list. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk