Re: [Harp-L] John Popper

To Matt's credit he has already apologised for his post. Noah is on the right track as far as outlining the structure (inside out) of a critical post. Ad hominem attacks aren't a style of criticism or argument and I think this gets to the core of why the ongoing Popper threads are so divisive. Personally I could do with out the onastic references simply because in their more explicit forms they cause bounces into the owner's box because spam filters are looking for these words as a form of differentiation. Something to remember about harp-l and archived forums in general is that your typed words have great persistence. Day one from harp-l is still out there and will be for the foreseeable future and that was almost 14 years ago. fjm