[Harp-L] BIg name chrome guys and the diatonic

On 14/12/06, Larry C  wrote:

> that's what I found - that it is much more effective for me to use a
> chromatic harp in those situations, and for playing jazz in
general<<<

>   It seems that Toots Thielemans, Larry Adler and Stevie Wonder agree
with
> you on that point!
>

> Larry C

Then Fernando:
Sorry, but I don't think they have even tried to play diatonic
harmonica
chromatically, so I am sure they never had to make such a decision,
thus,
not being able to agree or disagree...

Then I said:
  Actually, one the first notable uses of overblows on a diatonic was a Toots Theilemans album that came out around 1969.  I don't know the title or cut.  Perhaps Patmissin.com has the answer.  Or does someone here know?
  Michael Rubin
  MichaelRubinhamonica.com
  Austin,TX