[Harp-L] Re: waves of shit spewing from an instrument, real players

I own and listen to all kinds of harp CDs from traditional acoustic and Chicago-style blues, to country, to jazzy stuff, to mellow harp (Lee Oskar solo stuff), to modern beasts like Carlos Del Junco, Jason Ricci, Sugar Blue and Blues Traveler. I just point that out to give you an idea where I'm coming from as a player and listener.
Anyway, over my years of playing, whenever I have heard a recording of a live gig I did, 99.999% of the time, I wish I'd played FEWER notes. Listening critically, I can always hear nice musical ideas that I came up with but them marred by just throwing out too many notes. Anyone else have that same experience?
MN

Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now. http://ideas.live.com