Re: [Harp-L] Re: waves of shit spewing from an instrument, real players

Are you, or have you ever been a wanker.....?

I hate to say it in advance of release (bad pun), but there's a track on our
upcoming CD that I'm already cringing at a bit for that exact same reason. I
wank aggressively on my first solo of this one song, and every time I hear
it I breathe a sigh of relief when, near the end of the solo, I slow down
and rejoin the groove. It' s a rare song in which I don't sing, and I'm
playing amped on the song (as opposed to my usual acoustic) , so I probably
felt I had to prove something. I also know it was late and I was getting
frustrated with the recording.  Unfortunately, we recorded that track
totally live, so I can't just overdub.  Besides, it's a good track
overall.....despite the initial wanking....

As Chris aptly says....there's nothing wrong with space.

In fact, I dropped by a jam the other night, and after I played the leader
thanked me for my "tasteful" approach. He says that more often than not,
harp players "never know when to shut the hell up."

Who, us?

- Blake