[Harp-L] 12 position, Overblows, and why I like harp

Hi L-ers,

I?ve been playing with a band {The Last eight month} that plays music from the Twenties and Thirties {Louis Armstrong, Django, and Dixieland older blues, Old country Swing- Bob Willis}.

The positions choice is make according to how the cords fit the tune. I play ?Found and New Baby? in forth position, The Band is in D and I?m using my Bb harp. ?Belleville? I use third position {It fits with the Bridge Better}. Took me three weeks to feel comfortable playing ?Belleville? with the band.  But songs like ?Memories of You? and ?I?m confessing? are in cross harp.

Some of you will hate me when I say ?Daphne? in the key of D and Eb, I use two harps, and I?m working on using on harp! I tune and set my harps my self, some of them have lasted years!

My point is I?m a professional harp player that wants to take chances, but it has to sound great? so some times I cop out, I?m practicing almost every day and I?m growing!

The reason I got this gig is because of all my blues experience and my tone. So, I?m finding my way of incorporating all of what I love about music {Tone, Melodies, Balls and connecting with my deepest soul}.

We will record in February, but it is amazing what word of mouth can do!

Hope all is well with all you great harp players,

Miguel Weissman
Myspace/harpburn