[Harp-L] Octave pedals

I own the POG and it is certainly quite nice. It does exactly what it says. It is a bit loud, but better that than the alternative (soft). It tracks quite well and has a nice tone to it. I particularly like playing some of the ultra-low Seydels and such into it and using the octave divider to get a nice bass part. I don't have the HOG, but it certainly looks interesting--a lot more than just an octave pedal (more like the old EH guitar-synth stuff in many ways).

If you want either, I can only highly recommend the people at analogue haven ( http://www.analoguehaven.com/ ). I've done a lot of business with them over the years and they have never been anything other than great.

As for other pedals, I know a lot of people like the Boss OC-2, but the monophonic part has always been a problem. Well, now Boss makes the OC-3:

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/OC-3/

Haven't heard it and haven't used it, but Boss products are always well-made (from my experience) and it would be worth looking into as well--as I said, the OC-2 had a long and glorious history.

Hope this helps.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()   & Snuffy, too:)
`----'