[Harp-L] jams from heaven

There are lots of threads on this forum about jam hell and most of us, myself included, have been there. But there are times when the reverse is true. We have a GREAT thing going on Wednesday nights in Redwood City, CA - the best jam I've ever been to by leaps and bounds. It is in a wonderful venue (The Little Fox Theatre - http:// www.foxdream.com), draws a blues-loving crowd well and above the musicians in attendance, has use of the excellent house sound system with a guy to run the sound board, and is drawing the top pro musicians from all over the country. The jam even has its own web site: http://www.rwcbluesjam.com

It goes from really good to absolutely excellent. Here are a cuple of examples.

Little old me, getting to play with a who's who of local and international pros - Kenny Neal (vocals and acoustic harp), Rene Solis and Kenny Blue Ray (guitar), Mitch Woods (keys) Ray Figueroa on bass and Dennis Dove on drums. If you don't recognize those names, just google them - they're all multi-CD recording artists: http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6MKh6vc8Q

Here's another, with Rene Solis singing, and Stan Erhart on the other guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KVhe9IzIks

Not bad for a bunch of guys who don't play together. What an honor, and what fun to get to play with such great guys!!

If you're ever in the San Francisco area please drop by this jam. Feel free to contact me.

/Greg http://www.bluestateband.met http://www.blowsmeaway.com