[Harp-L] re: harmonica music

With the exception of Charlie Musselwhite I won\'t buy an album just because the harp playing is great--I have to like the music. I love John Popper\'s playing but I really don\'t like the Blues Travelers (I\'m too old and stuck in a rut) and John\'s playing isn\'t enough to spend cash on an album. Most of the current avante garde and progressive harp playing is really great but if I\'ve got money to spend on instrumental albums I\'m more apt to buy a Ventures CD (or Booker T and the MGs).

One great instrumental I'm learning on the harp is Albert Collins' the Freeze.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm