-----Original Message-----
From: billybudd1313@xxxxxxxxx

  1. It's too easy from a crowd-response perspective.  It's like the "electric
slide" at a wedding.  Almost any middle-of-the-road live music audience will
pack the dance floor for Mustang Sally, regardless of how good or how poorly a
band has performed to that point.

  2. As a result of #1, every blues/soul/RnB/classic rock...etc band for the
last 25+ years has played it, or had it requested over and over.  It gets to a
point where enough is enough.

  3. As a result of 1 and 2, many performers are either sick of playing it, or
they associate it (far too often) as a tune used by "hacks" to compensate for a
lack their own of entertainment value.  The feeling I perceive is "Why play
'that song' if I don't need to?"