[Harp-L] Overplayed tunage

Blues:  Mustang Sally/ Sweet home Chicago/ The Blues is alright
Rock: Freebird/Cocaine/Stairway to Heaven
Country: Lonesome I could cry/Honky Tonk/I walk the Line
Funk: Cissy Strut/ Pick up the Pieces/ Watermelon man

I  have heard GREAT funky harmonica.. Cary Bell's :85%
Mitch Kashmir's: Nickles & Dimes Rod Piazza's: Someday Baby
Most Slim Harpo stuff... and ALL New Orleans Music, come to mind.

 In our porject, we  find that more folk's dance to the "stand alone funky tunes",
like: Tip On In/Good Time Charlie/ Dr. John/Little Feat stuff.
Unless it's a swing society gig or an older crowd, most audiences
don't do the couples thing much today.
"A full dance floor makes for a happy club owner who brings us back."