[Harp-L] re: mustang sally

There are simple songs and there are simple songs. Good old garage band tunes like Gloria and anything by the Troggs requuire a lot of enthusiasm and volume and a drummer who can really whack the two and the four. My band will play these songs all night long happily.

Simple songs like Mustang Sally require a bass player and drummer with a killer sense of groove and someone with the vocal capabilities of Wilson Pickett.When we try songs like this, the dance floor empties immediately not because the song sucks but because we do.

Rainbow Jimmy http://www.spaceanimals.com http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm