[Harp-L] 12 position, Overblows, and why I like harp

Thanks Bulldogge, I agree that what counts in the end product! Criss, who is a great player, I know we have a mutual respect for each other, he posted he plays only in 11th and 12.

I?ve worked with 12th a few times; I?ll try it on a few of the tunes I mentioned, any recommendations?

I?ve had to work on my pitch more, playing with a horn player! Like: 4 hole draw bent a half step to an over blow in the same hole or from blow five to over blow 4 on a Bb harp. I want to get these smoother and land on the pitch. Although I love the sound of the Harmonica {Mississippi Saxophone} I want the harp to express al the vast language the greats pasted down to us, horm player, singers and every thing else!!

We {The Cangelosi Cards} are learning new tunes every week so when I have a chance I will study these possibilities. I want to have all possibilities at my disposal.

 On Daphne on the other hand, the first key is D and the second key is E b - and 8th position? Any one uses that? the notes are the same when just changing from one harp to the next, so I?m thinking of changing to another position for different timbers and phrasing.

JR "Bulldogge" Ross & Snuffy thanks again for the IN Site? In my day-to-day studies I am incorporating the chromatic and Larry Adler is the guy! I have some cuts with him playing with Django Reinhardt! The Resonator Guitar player in the band loved that! Rhythm Willie I will research. Don Les I?m working on getting a CD of his.

 Yes I understand what the feel is for pre swing, Jelly Roll Morton, King Oliver's Orchestra, Louis Armstrong: Hot Fives & Sevens, Sidney Bechet - The Originals - The Aristocrat Of Jazz, this is great music, our fans are swing dancers and we have a young crowd, hey it?s cool pre war harp player!

 Peace All Miguel