[Harp-L] re: chitlin con carne

Hal in MI writes:
"Can anyone name other harp players that have done Chitlin Con Carne other
than Jr. Wells?"

Well Tim Moyer and his band do a great job with that tune. When I first
heard Tim's cover, I asked him if he'd ever heard Wells' version - and to my
surpirse he said "no". So that in itself made for an interesting re-listen,
as Tim did a beautiful job of it.

I have also long admired Wells in his treatment of the tune, as I find him
to be really showing off very well. I like that. Tim has a different
approach, and his treatment was more sophisticated, but just as exciting.

I use Chitlin as a song to gauge my improvement of technique - I practice
with it once or twice a year in my rotation of personal milestone harmonica
songs - there's a lot of subtlety to work on, and it's a standard that I
will never tire of.