Re: [Harp-L] taking a compliment

"Neil Young" :^)

With the disclaimer that music taste is subjective, and that "Neil Young Unplugged" has gotten more play in my CD player over the last couple of months than the next five CDs combined, I must ask. What would anyone on this list change about his harp playing on any of the songs on that CD? Keep in mind that music is a total package.

I frequently read harp players criticizing successful musicians who include harp playing in their music but are not harmonica virtuosos. Context, context, context. Given the music that Neil young plays, just exactly what would anyone here change to improve the overall package of his music? Just what is it that needs fixing within the context of his music, his sound, his singing, his guitar playing, etc.? What would anyone do for his harp playing that would improve his popularity and help him sell a few million more CDs? Serious question.

Peace and music,
Dave