[Harp-L] James Brown (RIP)

Michael Peloquin said:
Among the many instruments that JB dabbled in, I don't think that he >was
a harp player.

Actually James Brown's first instrument (besides his voice)was a Harmonica. He could play the tar out of a Hammond B-3, and as Michael says many other instruments as well. He is known to have played with his band "The Famous Flames". Another notable musician whose first instrument was also Harmonica was Jimi Hendrix(RIP), who early on had a group called Jimmy James and the Blue Flames. James Brown(RIP) would refer to Little Richard as an influence, who Jimi Hendrix performed with as a band member and was also influenced by. I share all this as an observation of what a wonderful musical educational device the Harmonica is, as two of the worlds greatest and most funkadelic musicians started with it, and wound up with such differences and similarities in styles and virtuosities. I wonder if George Clinton plays the harp?

JG