[Harp-L] Re: Paul Linden... Long live Paul the Plumber

 Glad you liked him Rob...Thanks for writing on this subject. I always
forget to mention Paul when people ask me who I think is rocking out
there..Partly cause he's so rarely seen,mentioned or heard these days
outside of Atlanta...Paul is like: Big Walter on Meth with
Overblows!!!...actually...this is going to spark a debate hear...

  Question: "Who played harp on all the Otis Rush recordings?" I've been
told the liner notes indicate Little Walter and Big Walter and I can hear
both of those separate styles on various tracks but there's a song here and
there maybe more frequently than that where it doesn't sound exactly like
either of them....It sounds a lot like Paul...Now obviously it wasn't....I
have heard all the Jimmy Rodgers and Muddy stuff where both Big and Little
Walter back those guys and I never have questions as to who it is....I
sincerely believe there is a mystery guy or maybe he's just a mystery to
me...I've asked a bunch of people about this and they just say BW or LW...If
anyone says that again I'm not sure I'll believe them unless their Otis
Rush...

Back to Paul: For Paul Linden recordings...Just buy all of Sean Costello's
records... Paul is all over all of them however less and less though the
more recent they become. "Cuttin'" in and "Moanin for Molasses" are the last
two before the newest self titled disc. Their all on itunes for
download...Check out the instrumental form moanin' called the Plumber" The
Cd's are worth it alone for Sean Costello who is a breathtakingly heartfelt
Singer/player who oozes Vulnerability, sincerity and rawness at the same
time...Cuttin' in has the most harp but all CD's are essential when your
dealing with owning very little out put of one of the greatest harp players
ever.

Paul is living in France as far as I know and is maybe a college professor
or something...Liked Adam Gussow in many ways, he's much of a renaissance
man who has many gifts and passions in life namely: Literature, writing,
harmonica, piano/organ and more any of which could be and are to an extent
his full time career. He still comes back to the U.S. To record with Sean
and I understand they stay in touch alright. So the guys the greatest! He
does have a few guest spots on various recordings here and there and maybe
some one on this list knows them I have heard almost everything I think but
would love to hear anything else from this amazing Player.