Re: [Harp-L] Paul Linden

That was a great night and a great show. After the show was over we took Mark Hummel, James Harman,
Little Sammy Davis, Johnny Dyer & Steve Mariner to a local open mic. It was a riot. Little Sammy Davis
wouldn't stop playing all night. After the jam we all went out to breakfast and had the whole place (diner) going.
Everyone was singing and playing and telling jokes and stories. It was a very memorable night. The night ended for me
at about 4 am when I dropped Sammy at his hotel. I think at the time he was 76 and at 4 am he was in the middle
of the road in front of his hotel playing his ass off and singing away.

Scooter

Paul Fans...

I have the CD " Harmonica Blow Off" -New York State Rhythm & Blues Festival.
It's from the Syracuse Society...I bought it when I drove 5 hrs to see Hummel &
James Harman (my hero) when I first started playing harmonica about 4 years ago.

It say it was recorded in 2000

Paul Linden appears by himself with local back up on:

3. Chromatic Swing
(Nicely done, innovative)

6. Walter's Boogie
(Most soulful version I ever heard & my fave version of an instrumental cover)

9. Coal Miner
(The Nappy Brown tune   3rd position)

Dennis Gruenling & Sugar Ray Norcia are also on this disc.

Happy New Year all & I hope everybody finds their dream in 2007!

--
James Day & the Fish Fry
"Jump Blues & Greasy Grooves"