Re: [Harp-L] Re: Shure 545S pistol grip mic question

In a message dated 2/2/06 12:56:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
harp_boy@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>From: nonidesign@xxxxxxx
>To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Shure 545S pistol grip mic question
>Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:24:59 +0000
>
>I bought a Shure 545S pistol style mic off Ebay and have a question:
>
>The cable that originally came with it has a screw-on connector (4 prong
>style) on one end and a 1/4" male jack at the other end. I have all my mics
>outfit with Switchcraft 332A connectors to receive guitar cords and would
>like this mic set-up the same way without having to do any tooling to it.
>Is there an adapter that will connect to the 4 hole base connector of the
>mic and has a threaded post at the other end so that I can screw-on one of
>my  Switchcraft 332A connectors (with a 1/4" female end) onto it?

     I can tell you with a good amount of confidence that there was never an
adaptor made to specifically go from that 4 pin connector to a screw on
connector by any of the connector mfg's.You'll have to have one custom installed on
the mic if you want that type of connector.It may be possible to do without
having to damage the mic or alter it permanently,but it definately will have to
be a custom job..........Dave Kott