[Harp-L] Fwd: New deluxe version of the Hohner 270

Over on SlideMeister, the harmonica forum confined to chromatic harmonica discussions, Winslow Yerxa broke news about a new version of Hohner's chromatic, the Chromonica 270. It will evidently be unveiled at the Frankfurt Music Fair at the cusp of April, and will be referred to as the "Deluxe" model.

Winslow used Babelfish to translate the announcement in German] to English, but Fernando Bresslau quickly stepped in to clarify it further. Cross-posting is usually a 'no-no', but this probably warrants it, I think. Since Fernando is a Hohner rep, I'll just reprint his comments on the instrument here.

Permit me a personal comment, if I may... I do find it disturbing that the only announcement so far, and hence, flurry of discussion, has been only given to the chromatic mailing list, when I am certain there are as many chromatically-interested players here on Harp-L, HarpTalk and the other lists, as on SlideMeister. I sincerely hope this is not a trend in the making.

Despite saying that, I know Fernando is true to his word and "always listening..." ALL of us can appreciate how much the manufacturers are, in general, paying closer attention to players' demands and wishes than ever before, aided by this fluid information age of our Internet-imbued world. There is even a genuine sense that cooperation [from both sides] has gained significant importance, as well. I hope it continues, since real growth and advancement spreads faster and farther without walls.

Keep us in the loop, Fernando, and congratulations on your company's new offering! There are some rather noteworthy features being added... interchangeability between mouthpieces, adaptability to lefthandedness, [speaking as a 'lefty'!] and the wise switch to screws from nails, for starters!!

I anticipated the coming changes linked to Rick Epping, BTW, considering a long, late night session between him, Doug and me at a harpfest once, [back prior to the XB-40's debut.] We'd all been perplexed regarding response issues in the upper note ranges of our designs, and he'd been making headway on his prototypes and experiments. We all missed a whole concert that night!!! :)

Anyway... interesting to see the many recent advancements in harmonicas developing these days.

So, good luck, Fernando! ... and Hohner!
[You have plenty of tough competition these days, eh?] ;)

Bobbie