[Harp-L] Re:Small amp

As I had mentioned one of my favorites earlier in the list when guys were
talking about the new Gibson Les Paul amp, I have an original 1956 Gibson Les
Paul Jr. for sale, with original 5x7 oval speaker, single 6V6, 5Y3, 6SJ7, nasty
 and narly a recorded sound as it gets, great for practice. Fully serviced by
 Keith Robb, one of my SJ chassis builders, $300 plus shipping. Not a peep,
dead  quiet. Also for sale is the amp everyone asks for, that small room or
middle  sized amp with super tone, one of very first Sonny Jr #1's, 4 x 8
speakers,  cabinet by legendary Sam Hutton, near mint and owned by Tom Ellis. He
bought it  as one of the first off the line, it has the upgraded Pyle speakers and
any new  resistor change. Only 170 made, no one is selling theirs. Price is
$1300, the  finish Sam put on his tweed stays like a time warp. This amp will
always keep  its value, 25 watts of pure Class A tone. Custom designed speakers
only for  Sonny Jr amps by Pyle.  Kim still records with the one I built for
him that  has a single 12" instead of 4x8, for traveling on a plane. He
recorded all of My  Blues with it. Tom also is including a new output for
installation that I  recommended from David Allen, it gives the amp even another 10-15%
overall  volume and range. Easy for any tech to install. I will send the new
owner a new  5U4 and pair of JJ Tesla 6L6's. Contact Tom for purchase or
serious inquiry only  at _tomsmics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:tomsmics@xxxxxxxxxxxx)   :
Talking about what to put on a small amp, they are like older cars, keep them
 simple. The more crap you put on them the more possibility of breakdown and
messing with the tone. The 410 initiated the crystal/Ceramic 5 meg input
resistor well over a year ago, it is a good tool but only a good crystal will be
useful. Otherwise it just sounds edgy, the mic is what it is, you can help it
 some. I see other builders will be coming out with other variations. Higher
input resistors have been done since the 50's, one of the National amps had
an  impedance control and was very cool for its time.