[Harp-L] headshake

    O.K., I'm pretty sure I know who coined this term
"head shake" but it's sort of like musical baby talk.
I've read some pretty serious discussion on this site
about the arcane intricacies of tempering, etc. and
also about rigs w/
complex technology so let's pursue a higher level of
discourse. The correct term is trill for the smooth
vacillation
between two pitchs. Shaking your head ( the most
common way of achieving this on a diatonic { blues}
harp} is only one way of accomplishing this. You can
also trill with your hand moving the harp, keeping
your head still (I find this is generally a faster
trill) and on chromatic , of course,
you can trill with the slide. Done well this is a very
exciting, dramatic
technique.

Chris "Hammer' Smith