Re: [Harp-L] Golden Melody

So if you're doing mostly melody playing, try a GM; if you're doing a
lot of chording, try a SP20.

Or just buy Lee Oskars, like me.  I think they sound great.  And you can
get them in different tunings, so you can do even more chording on those
Gospel pieces.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com

If you learn the basic skill of retuning (with a Lee Oskar kit and a cheapie chromatic tuner), you can get your favourite harp into the fine-tuning you prefer. I love my low D SP20s, and at any rate you can't get GMs in low D, and MB low Ds tend to rip your lips up in jigs and reels. It takes me about 30-45 minutes to get a low D SP20 into equal temperament and Paddy Richter. If you want to do a Pat Missin job and retune your Lee Oskar to Just or an intermediate tuning you'll need the cents tables on his site. Tinkerers unite! :-)

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm