Re: [Harp-L] (no subject)

larryboy wrote:
> I notice the F paddy uses a Low F Richter plate.  I assume that's
> to keep the two plates in the same octave.  Do you have this
> octave issue with Ab or Bb?
>
> Can an Ab be made up from an Eb MM blow plate/Ab Richter draw
> plate? Can a Bb be made up from an F MM blow plate/Bb Richter draw
> plate?
>
> My guess is the Bb will use a Low F MM blow plate.

Following the logic in Joe's original post, e.g.:

>> F paddy: blow reeds from C MM/draw reeds from Low F Richter

an Ab would be made from a low Eb MM blow plate and a Ab Richter
draw plate.  You would need a low Eb MM to keep the two plates in
the same octave.  Unfortunately, Lee Oskar only offers the Melody
Maker in five keys, A (based on D), C (based on low F), D (based on
G), E (based on A) and G (based on C).  For the other keys, you're
on your own!

I hear some customizers offer this type of tuning alteration at no
additional charge on their custom models ;-)

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/