Re: [Harp-L] Your 'dream' small amp?

First off, I'm a tube amp junkie. If I could have any small amp in the world
I'd take a 1959 fender Tweed Champ.

     That said, I bought a  - gasp - solid state Ventura Vintage 50 (it's
not really "vintage" it is a new amp but they glommed the word vintage into
the name of the amp model) a couple of years ago (from Tim Northcutt if I
recall) just to have an amp I didn't have to worry about at all.
     Guess what? It kicks butt. All the great break-up crunch, tone, etc.
that my vintage classics have (Kalamazoo 2 and a vintage Gibson GA5 Skylark)
I can leave it in my car in any weather when I play in crappy places and
best of all it weighs nuthin'. Cost: about $100.00. I shove a Shure 533 into
it and man it growls like a tiger.
     So there, I admit it, I love that little green solid state thing (I
can't believe I actually wrote that on Harp-L). It t'aint no tweed Champ,
but it'll do.