Re: [Harp-L] Your 'dream' small amp?

I too am a junkie. I have a ton of old tube amps and love them all. My favorite is an old blonde Sears amp with an 8"
field coil speaker. The trippy thing about it is that the speaker has a tear about 2" long. I'll never fix the speaker because
the amp is killer. Second is a Premier twin 8 that's just a jem. I got it for $75 and replaced 2 resistors and the amp rocks.

Scooter

First off, I'm a tube amp junkie. If I could have any small amp in the world
I'd take a 1959 fender Tweed Champ.

That said, I bought a - gasp - solid state Ventura Vintage 50 (it's
not really "vintage" it is a new amp but they glommed the word vintage into
the name of the amp model) a couple of years ago (from Tim Northcutt if I
recall) just to have an amp I didn't have to worry about at all.
Guess what? It kicks butt. All the great break-up crunch, tone, etc.
that my vintage classics have (Kalamazoo 2 and a vintage Gibson GA5 Skylark)
I can leave it in my car in any weather when I play in crappy places and
best of all it weighs nuthin'. Cost: about $100.00. I shove a Shure 533 into
it and man it growls like a tiger.
So there, I admit it, I love that little green solid state thing (I
can't believe I actually wrote that on Harp-L). It t'aint no tweed Champ,
but it'll do.