[Harp-L] Re: Your 'dream' small amp?

I've posted here several times about my dream small amp: my Marble Max from FNS Technology, a Dutch amp maker.
As I understand it, Harp-L's own Ben Bouman gave input on the design. It runs on a 6V6 (7 Watt) OR a 6L6 (10 Watt) power tube and a 12AX7 or 12AY7 pre-amp tube, has a single 8" special design Marble bluetone speaker (25W/4Ohm), and has a line-out. It just has tone and volume knobs and an on/off switch.
This little sucker pumps out more volume than a Fender Pro Junior (which I consider to be a LOUD amp for its size) and I have virtually no feedback problems. The Max is richer and bassier than most amps this size, which often do that one screaming-overdrive sound wonderfully, but nothing else. I've used the Max for jams and duo gigs, but also for big gigs - miked, of course - with a large band (horns, keys, two guitars, etc.). I used it at an outdoor festival on the same stage where, the day before, James Montgomery played with Johnny Winter. Montgomery used a Twin Reverb provided by the promoter. Knowing that, I was really intimidated setting up my dinky little Marble Max. But once I'd sound checked to ensure I was getting enough sound coming back at me through the stage monitors, it wailed. I got a lot of compliments on my sound.
Now, given all this, if I lived in America, I really doubt I'd ever pony up the dough for a Max (they're not cheap). I'd opt instead for a silverfaced Champ or Princeton Reverb, or a Kalamazoo Model 1 (which I used to own but sold along with my Bassman RI when I moved to Europe). You guys in America have it SO easy when it comes to harp gear! :-) I used the money I got from selling my Kally and Bassman RI to buy the Max because, as expensive as it is, it wasn't that much more than buying a Pro Junior here. Go figure.
MN