Re: [Harp-L] is harmonica your first instument ?

I started on piano.

It always interests me in how those of you who start on harmonica perceive the notes. I imagine a keyboard in my mind.

A fascinating experience was in teaching Sunny Girl to play piano when she was 7. Since she started on harmonica, Colleen perceived all the notes as "4 hole inhale", "6 hole exhale", etc. So, when I played middle "C" on the piano, instead of calling it "Middle C", to her it was "4 hole exhale" (on the C harmonica).

The Iceman