From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Paul Routledge
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:12 PM
To: Harp L L
Subject: [Harp-L] Pignose Amp

Today I went into a local music shop and asked about a Pignose.

I wanted a small practice amp that was highly portable, cheap, and
not too loud, as I live in a block of flats (an apartment block to
our American cousins).

Anyway the guy in the shop said he had one in the back that only
worked with batteries and not with an AC adapter.
I asked him how much and he sold it to me for a quarter of the list
price!!!

I was recommended the Pignose by a great harp player I know who uses
one as  a practice amp.
It has an enormous sound that defies it's size and a monster tone for
such a small amp.

Now when I plugged in an AC adapter it has an earth hum to it which I
would think can easily be fixed ( if anybody knows how please tell
me), but with batteries  it runs perfectly silent.
What a great little amp.

The Guy who put me onto the Pignose is called Brian Lynam and plays
in a band called "No Time for Jive".
Those of you that like the West coast sound should check these guys
out, they are one of the best bands in the UK playing in that style.

Paul