[Harp-L] Dave Klein's post about special 20 reeds (new)

Hi Dave, I replace reeds from donor harps but would like to get some "new"
reeds to use in my Golden Melody harps. (Same reed dimension as Special 20, Marine Band, (old Hohner style)

When I replace a reed, I grasp the head of the rivet with a small sidecutter (used for electrical
wire cutting), Then I pull up while twisting the rivet/reed back and forth until the rivet finds its
way through the brass plate. Only once out of about 50 have I squeezed too hard and cut the head off the rivet.
I find that this produces a minimum of damage to the rivet and the reed plate. Then I transplant reed and
rivet into the harp to be fixed using the sidecutter to grasp the rivet head and place it into the hole and even press
it in some. Then I use a small hammer to set the rivet.

If I were to get some new reeds, I'd either have to get new rivets or reuse the rivet which probably
could be done also.

But my big question is "Where do you get the new reeds for Special 20?" (My inquiries to Hoher email
have gone unanswered.)

Thanks,

dick....