[Harp-L] re: bendability

Mike Curtis wrote:
>I spend time playing
>acoustically, using a microphone a few feet from the harp feeding an
>oscilloscope, and adjust my technique for the most sinusoidal
>waveform on all notes, blow, draw, dual-reed-bent, or valve-bent.

If you don't have your oscilloscope handy, there's some freeware out there that uses your soundcard, and displays to your screen.

http://www.tech-systems-labs.com/test-software.htm

Ok, the geek factor is up there, but the results are interesting. Now I can see why the cat dislikes my harp playing, he gets right up in my face.

-Wendell