[Harp-L] re: was Adler now hands

"I 've seen it written that such movement as Sonny Terry's has little
effect beyond the show of flourish, but I believe it's indisputable
that Terry's & Adler's often extravagant  hand movements can really
influence the texture of the sound."

Let me elaborate on that: Sonny Terry's hand movements were more than texture,
they were an integral part of his sound.

To play Sonny Terry you have to use your hands. If you play Fox Hunt without the
hand vibrato, it's too slow. You also need hands to do slaps for extra
emphaisis. The only person I know who is probably as good with hand use is Phil
Wiggins.

When you can move your hand fast enough that it's a blur, can chug, and whoop
all at the same time, then you can start working on Sonny's stuff.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm