RE: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 30, Issue 47

> I crave a Low-C!
>But: what I really want is a Special-20 Low-C -- is there such a thing?
>thanks

No, but any competant customiser can tune a Low D SP20 down a whole tone to
Low C.
-- G.

I have a 364 "low" C but I'm not especially happy with it. It's a big, ungainly beast in the mouth compared with a SP20. I was looking at the Seydel low Cs but they are pretty pricey, much dearer than the standard-pitched harps, and I was wondering whether this reflected a structural problem needing modifications or just the fact that they don't expect to sell many. When you say it's not too hard to lower a SP20 low D to a low C would you just be using normal tuning methods (by which I mean metal removal), or do you need to add solder or whatever? I have a low D kicking around that I could have a go on, but twenty quid is twenty quid! ;-)

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm