[Harp-L] Taylor Hicks Plays Harp on American Idol

This guy was mentioned a few weeks ago, and now he's really in the
spotlight.  Taylor Hicks is a blues and soul singer from Birmingham, AL who
attended my alma mater, Auburn University, and still plays in Auburn
frequently.  He's on the current season of American Idol and, as of
tonight's episode, is one of the 24 finalists who will be voted on by the
public.

Someone on Harp-L mentioned that he's a very good harp player, and Hicks
showed it tonight as he walked into a meeting with the judges playing the
blues in 2nd position, quite competently.  The judges really enjoyed his
entrance, and when he heard that he is moving on to the next round, he
played a bit more on his way out.

Hopefully we'll hear more of his harp in the upcoming episodes, but tune in
regardless to vote for this talented guy!

Jonathan Metts