Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Low Low Harps

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Winslow

<mktspot@> wrote:

> > Part of Michael's evil plan to dominate world semi
custom harmonica
> > production, he's included Ben Bouman playing a
sound clip on the low
> > low F German major diatonic harmonica.  I did not
make it out of that
> > site without spending money.  Now if I only knew
what a Euro was
> > worth in dollars.
>
> I have the low G and the Low A. Donald Black bought
a Low Low F at SPAH.

> The one thing I wish - this is the Bushman version;
don't know if it's
> true of the Seydel - would be that the covers would
be easier to re-
> shape so that the low reeds wouldn't hit the covers.
That's one
> advantage of Marine Band style covers - they're
easily re-bent to suit
> whatever shape you have in mind.

i actually got to play one of those recently, when
Michael showed up in Chicago. i played it pretty hard
and didn't have any trouble with the reeds hitting the
covers, but someone else who played it did. of course,
it was impossible to bend anything below hole 4 (and
maybe above, i don't remember specifically trying),
but it was good for playing some very low walking bass
lines in 2nd position. a chromatic pitched that low
would be awesome....

   --Jp