[Harp-L] Fastening of chromatic slides

Hi,

it´s just an idea which came into my mind when I read Winslow´s comment
about Low C - and WD40:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Water is the best lubricant for chromatic harmonica slides. Take the
slide/mouthpiece assembly apart, clean it carefully with a toothbrush
and soapy water, then carefully reassemble it - tightening the screws
just the right amount may be the tricky part once you have all the
parts lined up.

To get the right amount of tightening the two slide screws apply this
procedure:

After the screws are provisionally fixed, push the slide in, hold it in
this position and then tighten one of the screws until the slide sticks.
Now cautiously losen the screw until the spring draws the slide back
and give 1/4 turn more. Repeat the procedure with the other screw and
you will get the correct tolerance for the slide motion.

This is one of the reasons why I prefer a CX 12 ::))

Siegfried