Re: [Harp-L] Retuning SBS for solo tuning

The blow notes would be fine in the first octave, CEG but after that you'd be retuning every single note from the 2nd C on. The draw notes are worse, you get to keep the first D and then retune every single note up or down. Taking the B to an F would be fun. The D to B. It would be a project and a half. This from someone who once took the 2 lowest reedplates he could find in the Lee Oskar line and then retuned the harmonica to a low A. Solder was involved and when I was almost done I snapped a reed so I got to learn all about swapping reeds and dealing with Mr. Farrel. At least that was only 10 holes. I can't imagine adding another 4 and those little tiny reeds at the top end of the SBS are next to impossible to retune. At least they are for me. Of course you'd be the first on your block with a retuned SBS solo. I know I was with the low A. I am so looking forward to buying not making that low low F I ordered today. fjm