[Harp-L] Travel, Harmonicas, Respect

I am envious of Rob, who simply gets asked to play his harmonicas at airport security. Once I went through the x-ray machine and the security people directed me to a desk where they had me empty the contents of my carry-on backpack. This desk was presided over by a grandmotherly woman with an eastern european accent and about a quarter of the normal complement of teeth. She asked me to open my harp case (all Filiskos, Sleighs, and Gordons) and, before I could do a thing (she was quick for a person of her age), she had my best Bb overblow harp in her mouth and was playing it, tunelessly and too hard. I was aghast, too shocked to protest or even speak. And what good would it have done me? I really wanted to make my connecting flight, so I thanked her through clenched teeth.

But it only happened once. Most trips, I have no problems with security at all.

George
www.dontneedhim.com