[Harp-L] Re: Subject: Re: There's the Blues and then there's Blues

Suzy writes:

" In a message dated 2/17/2006 8:20:53 PM Mountain  Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

"Play that little ol' thing any ol' time you want,  Elizabeth.
Stay in the middle. (Not meaning on your harp. Your  mind.)
No highs or lows. (Not meaning on your harp. Your  thoughts.)
Only compassion and openness mind.
Nothing is permanent.
Aloha.....................SQB"

.....but I didn't ask what you thought I should  do...I asked how YOU handled
it, comprenez?    The only people  I know who don't experience highs and lows
and who stay "in the middle" are  usually tranquilized.  That might be a
viable option for  you, but not for me.   And there is one thing that is most
assuredly  permanent......death.   "Compassion" for another is  usually why people
feel extreme pain.  Feeling....even  with all its highs and lows, is
infinitely preferable in my book to  feeling nothing, so from your response I gather
we can assume  that you allow no emotion to intrude on your harp  playing?  My
original question of course referred to extreme pain, grief  and heartbreak
resulting in tears and how one plays regardless.  If  you haven't had to play
through such an occasion, then just say so.
Elizabeth