From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of EGS1217@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:57 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Subject:Re: Head, Heart,Harp...WAS/There's the
Blues and then there's Blues

suzy writes:

"Your path is unique, Elizabeth.
The trail you pave cannot be constructed by anyone other than  yourself.
Head, heart, harp will form the cement. You decide the ratio needed for
the resulting concrete. New Blood defined is "blues carried my way  into
the 21st century." What Jason configures comes from head, heart, harp.
It is his way. With what are you paving your road? What tools do you
have to bring to the result. In Colorado we  go see bands called
Railroad Earth,  Shonti Groove, Sweet
Sunny South, and  Donna the Buffalo.
Even The Shack Shakers and The Reverend Horton  Heat will speak to you.
When they come your way east you will come to understand what I mean, I
feel. Do not miss these important groups of musicians to help fill in
the cracks
of your finished paved road. Aloha............................SQB"

....when I asked what you meant by  "searching for one's true
enlightened
harp  path"?       as it related to my  own harmonica "path" in my query
about
playing through heartbreak.  As  you know Suzy....I am also a huge Jason
Ricci &
New Blood  fan...couldn't feel more for him if he were a family member,
but
every topic  raised on Harp-L by me or anyone else here doesn't have to
be
referred back  to his music.  Please also don't worry your mind about
whether or
not  my "road" is paved.

The question was about something else entirely and I'd prefer to keep
it
on-topic, thanks.
Elizabeth