[Harp-L] 2 & 3 draw

In a message dated 2/19/2006 11:11:23 PM Central Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> My task this week has been to learn to draw the 2 & 3 holes. I've been
> relaxing my pucker, tilting the harp, experimenting with the amount of wind for
> nearly a week and have shown no improvement. I have had some sucess drawing
> the single notes but I usually get nothing when I try to play them in a song.
> ?

What I'm about to say may sound like a cop-out,  but I think that the harp
can make all the difference on those holes-esp.the 2-draw.  I've seen some
people work very hard on a 2-draw and get a very puny sound, then change harps and
do well.  I worked really hard to get a decent 2-draw on my old Hohner. And
forget 2 draw bent. Now I play a Bushman Delta Frost and do that very easily.
I'm not saying that a Delta Frost is every one's silver bullet. I believe,
though, that some harps just work better for some people.   ~Ed Cooper