Re: [Harp-L] Overblow Learning Trick

One piece of advice I heard that works pretty well for intermediate
players trying to break into overblowing is to do this: take a harp
on which you can get a nice, stable, controllable draw bend on hole
6.  Draw the note and bend it down, and then -- without changing ANY
part of your embouchure -- simply switch breath directions from draw
to blow.  With any luck, the OB will pop out.

Once you can produce an overblow in this way, practice holding it.
Remember to relax while you're doing it.  If you tense up it will be
unstable and unsustainable.

Just my two cents,

-tim

Tim Moyer