Re: [Harp-L] Overblow Learning Trick

Hi,

Not that I'm any kind of OB expert, but here's
another little trick for obtaining that first OB
(very much related to Paul's suggestion). I still
do this sometimes when trying to correct my pitch
on troublesome OB holes.

Take off the cover plates of that G harp (or C harp
if you prefer). Instead of scotch tape, simply
place your finger over the blow reed, covering the
entire chamber. Blow as Paul describes, using your
blow-bend embochure.

The OB should pop out.

You can use the same technique when trying to get
your first overdraw (ie on 7 draw-OB). Remember,
the higher up the harp you go, the smaller your
embochure needs to become to find that resonant
sweet-spot.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken