[Harp-L] overblow learning tip.

Hi Harp-ler's.

A technique i use when i teach people how to OB is to ask them to play a
blow bend on hole 8 and if they can do this well enough i ask them to blow hole
6,but tell them to put their mind in the position of playing that same hole 8
blow bend.   Provided the harp has been tweeked for OB's i find i get  a
really good result from this as well as the folk i teach.

I think i remember Howard Levy saying that OB's were a case of mind over
matter....was it in H.I.P. ?    Anyhoo...this lead me to  trying this approach
and as i say it's one of the best ways to produce an OB  short of taking the
harp apart.    In saying that the sellotape  method sounds great for allowing the
beginning player to knock one out and  sustain it.

     Regards to all...Al  Price.