Re: [Harp-L] San Antonio Jazz/Blues Establishments

There is a restaurant called Carmen de la Calle that is located on Mistletoe in San Antonio.  When Wynton Marsalis comes this way, it has been written in the paper  this is where he goes.  On Thursday night is jazz night....Friday night is a flamenco dancer, and Saturday night is world music.  The food is suppose to be good and in the moderate price range.
  The Landing is a wonderful dixie land jazz club which is on the river at the base of the Hyatt Hotel.  Jim Cullum's band plays there.  He has been here for years.  The website is  http://www.landing.com/
  Ditto with what Bob Boyd gave to you about Sam's Burger Joint.   Good things are happening there and it would be great if you could get acquainted with Bob.  He is the new president of our Alamo HOOT (Harmonica Organization of Texas) .
  Sunset Station has many interesting jazz.....blues... artists who play there from time to time.

  Hope this helps.
  Betty Welch

Mark Russillo <jruss433@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  List -

As it looks like I will be in San Antonio, TX until Saturday when I head to the Big Easy, anybody know where to go for music? I'm looking for Jazz and Blues Clubs.

Thanks

Mark Russillo
a.k.a. The Rhode Island Kid