Re: [Harp-L] Are there any legendary harp players from Texas?

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael
Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@...> wrote:

> Just wondering.  This guy called my band a
jump-blues
> band, which we are not.  We don't sound anything
like
> a jump-blues band.  I said we are definelty more of
> Texas blues band.  To that he replied, we can't be
> compared to guys like Freddie King or Albert Collins
> and since we have a harp player. He said we must be
> Chicago blues band then.
>
> Idiot! Sorry to vent.  I just hate when people act
> like they know everything, and then don't.

lol... :)

> At any rate, it got me wondering if there are any
> Texas-blues harp players out there.  Are there?

um... in so far as his work with the T-birds is
concerned, wouldn't Kim Wilson be a Texas-blues harp
player?
are you asking if there's a Texas blues harp "style"
though? dunno. and isn't Gary Primich based in TX?
don't know if he'd count either, exactly.
i can also tell ya that Curtis Salgado played with
Stevie Ray Vaughan. so, hell, at least you can HAVE
texas blues with a harp player. idiot!  :D

  --Jp