[Harp-L] Re:Boutique amps/ mods

For someone to do mods on other amps is a challenge, doing it well is what
we would expect to happen, but I am sure we have all had our not so good
experiences. Same with a boutique or custom amp. You expect when you pay that  type
of money you will get the highest quality and attention to detail, but  every
company is different. I feel my reputation, the words of my customers over
my 10 year history, do the talking for me. I don't need to toot my horn. Most
know my dogged attack for what harp players want and constantly pushing the
envelope is what keeps me at the top of my game. When you find a good mod guy
like Ron that is great also. A key factor to look at with a boutique company
is  resale value of a used amp. My Sonny Jr #1's are nearly bringing full
retail  price, I just got one in to resell to a fellow in the UK, and it has the
fattest  Little Walter type tone of any amp with its 20 watts class A power.
That is what  I am shooting for with my Double Trouble amp, the best of both
worlds. The  Bandmaster makes more sense as 6V6's can only withstand safely a
certain amount  of volts, this amp ran lower voltage to the plates, making it a
perfect basis.  Changing the bass design will make it unique, along with
everything else.  Pushing 3 speakers will be better than 4 for breakup and
distortion. The crystal  mic custom input is a feature I brought to the table and I am
sure others will  follow suit in that area, many do it on effects pedals to
match the impedance of  the mic with the effect. The 410 with its versatility is
still the big dog for  many that need that much on stage volume and dial in,
all my amps will be dial  in friendly, and I will always have detailed manuals
to describe what the ins  and outs of the amp are, and how you can change tone
yourself, for life. This is  going to rock the harp world, with its size no
need for a small amp, you can get  the kalamazoo off ebay for $200 all day if
you want a practice amp. Once I get  on something I don't let go and expect
within 6 months or thereabouts to have  this nailed and in production. As I have
already built bandmasters it is not  like starting on something totally
foreign. I am very excited about this and  being able to have the amount of
versatility this will provide. It did come as a  surprise to me, once I saw it in my
head it kept playing the tape of every  detail. It also took some of the focus
from obsessing about the upcoming events  which will be rough. Thanks to all
for your support.