Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Reminder - Taylor Hicks...tonight on AmericanIdol

Shame on you. <g>

It's all right. One of my top five TV personalities is Rachael Ray. She has all the elements of Julia Child--approachability, immunity to embarassment, complete dorkiness, and knowing what she's talking about.

I don't think either of them played the harmonica but if someone asked them to try it on live TV....

Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell

Robert Gaustad wrote:
You know what, I thought I would never watch the show either...and then one
day I took a peek and was hooked. It's great to watch all this young talent
develop over a few months of hard work.  The go from raw, untrained singers
to professional quality entertainers (or at least most of them).

I can't say I like most of the "pop" aspect of the music but each year a
rebel comes along and this year it's Taylor Hicks.  He plays a mean harp and
sings like a cross between Ray Charles and Joe Cocker.  He won't go all the
way but I can't wait to see what he does with the music he has to sing.

I hate to admit that I'm an addict of the show...but, well, I am. Sob.....

Robert Gaustad