Subject: [Harp-L] Taylor Hicks Video w/ Harp

Jonathan asks:
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8B-13zRXl8&search=taylor%20hicks_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8B-13zRXl8&search=taylor%20hicks)
"Props to whoever capped this video and put it on YouTube.  Taylor  sings on
tonight's episode...will we hear more harp?
Jonathan Metts"

Agree with you about the video...how great was that?....now everyone can  see
exactly how he "played himself in" to the final call.

....as long as he stays in the competition, they usually do lots of "behind
the scenes" videos of the contestants.  Create songs for them all to sing  for
their appearances around the country, etc.  Technically, I don't  believe the
contestants can play instruments (except in their hotel rooms)...but  Taylor
is the first one to come along who plays Blues Harp...they seem to be
focusing on that aspect of his personality and cutting him some more  slack.  For
once perhaps the portability of a harmonica has its  advantages, so who knows?  I
think it's great.  It can only bring more  publicity to harmonicas.

Well, I'm off to watch it...I love seeing new talent coming along....there
are two young girls:  Paris Bennett and Lisa Tucker who are only 17 and 16  who
might well be the Gladys Knight/Jennifer Holiday of the  future.  I don't
feel the least bit slighted by anyone thinking  American Idol is beneath
them.....I'm quite willing to sit through the hype,  dreck (and right now some offkey
notes, lol!) for the occasional moments of  greatness.
Elizabeth