Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Subject: Reminder - Taylor Hicks.tonight on American Idol

Robert writes"

"You know what, I thought I would never watch the  show either...and then one
day I took a peek and was hooked. It's great to  watch all this young talent
develop over a few months of hard work.  The  go from raw, untrained singers
to professional quality entertainers (or at  least most of them).

I can't say I like most of the "pop" aspect of the  music but each year a
rebel comes along and this year it's Taylor  Hicks.  He plays a mean harp and
sings like a cross between Ray Charles  and Joe Cocker.  He won't go all the
way but I can't wait to see what he  does with the music he has to sing.
I hate to admit that I'm an addict of the  show...but, well, I am. Sob.....
Robert Gaustad"

.....great synopsis, Robert.  I've just seen the first three of the  male
contestants and I'm beginning to think Taylor might just have a better  shot!
The two "crooners" kind of shot themselves in the foot by changing  their
styles.  Let's hope he sticks to doing what he does best.  I'd  really love to see a
Blues singer (he actually auditioned with a Sam Cooke  song)...make it all
the way. The Country guy was pretty good...did a Skynyrd  song and is
again...far different from the typical Idol contestant.  I  always like the rebels too.
<G>

Elizabeth